CDFI Friendly Bloomington is hiring an Assistant Director to develop opportunities for our lending portfolio, create contacts throughout the Indiana Uplands region, and help expand our impact in the community!
Assistant Director (Part-Time to Full-Time)
About CDFI Friendly Bloomington:
CDFI Friendly Bloomington (CFB) is an innovative, nonprofit corporation that seeks to substantially increase financing by community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and others in Bloomington and the Indiana Uplands region. CDFI Friendly Bloomington provides direct lending and critical matchmaking services between local borrowers and a variety of CDFI lenders. Our core functions are to:
- Collaborate with regional and national CDFIs and encourage them to invest in the Bloomington and Indiana Uplands market.
- Market and promote Bloomington, Monroe County, and the surrounding region to CDFIs across the state, the region, and the nation.
- Match CDFIs to local demand for financing from businesses, housing developers, nonprofits, and community organizations.
- Structure and manage financial investments alongside the CDFIs in support of local borrowers.
In its first two years, CDFI Friendly Bloomington has facilitated more than $23 million in new financing by CDFIs in the region, more than tripling the same figure from the previous decade. CFB has supported the creation or rehabilitation of over 340 affordable housing units, a dozen jobs, and more than 60 emergency loans for nonprofits and small businesses harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Assistant Director will support the work of the Executive Director by serving as the local representative of CDFI Friendly Bloomington and developing lending, matchmaking, and technical assistance clients for the organization. They will support the Executive Director in the areas of program development, management, fundraising, and loan fund administration. The Assistant Director will also assume responsibility for intake of prospective clients as well as public relations in our target market—including in person, in print, and through management of social media. Assistant Director’s primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Represent CDFI Friendly Bloomington at local events in Monroe County and the surrounding region, advocating and advancing the organization’s goals.
- Conduct initial intake meetings or calls for prospective clients.
- Manage records and generate reports on clients served and key contacts.
- Document and prepare initial financing opportunities for transition to Executive Director.
- Support Executive Director in the administration of CFB Capital portfolio as needed.
- Draft promotional materials, fundraising materials, and other regular communications as needed.
- Report regularly to the Board and to investors on customer service activity, communications, and other areas as needed.
- Supervise operating systems, including financial management, operational policies, loan policies, and other core functional procedures.
- Oversee social media accounts, newsletter, donor relations, and other customer service communication.
- Support the Executive Director in CFB board management as needed.
- Support Executive Director in local fundraising efforts as needed.
- Conduct organized and effective public relations effort in local and CDFI markets through social media, earned media, and direct communications.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and mission of CDFI Friendly Bloomington throughout the region.
- Appear on behalf of CDFI Friendly Bloomington before stakeholders, at local meetings, and other key platform opportunities.
- Maintain CFB website, including drafting and posting press releases and blog posts for Executive Director.
This position requires a proactive candidate with strong awareness of the greater Bloomington community. They must have strong writing, speaking, record-keeping, and customer service skills. They must be able to work in the greater Bloomington community with partners that bring diverse backgrounds and skills.
Requirements: Candidates must have at least three (3) years of work experience including customer service, writing, and public-facing duties such as public relations. Strong candidates will demonstrate self-sufficiency and a history of taking initiative. Associate’s degree is required; a bachelor’s or master’s degree is preferred.
CDFI Friendly Bloomington will offer a competitive salary based on the experience of the candidate. Estimated salary is $20–$30/hr, 20 hours per week. These figures are flexible depending on the candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. CDFI Friendly Bloomington is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, sexual expression, age, marital status, physical ability, pregnancy, religion, veteran status or military obligations.
We will begin reviewing applications on August 16, 2021, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.